Itmrtsvc.exe â€“ An Introduction
The itmrtsvc.exe process is recorded to be associated with eTrust PestPatrol Realtime Protection. This process is also referred to as eTrust PestPatrol Real-Time Service. The function of the itmrtsvc.exe process is to resolve issues that affect PestPatrol products.
Itmrtsvc.exe â€“ File Information
Itmrtsvc.exe is a Verisign signed file and by default is located in the C:\Program Files\CA\PPRT\bin folder. The most common size of this file is 280,080 bytes. You may also find itmrtsvc.exe in 275,984, 278,528, 283,888, 263,696, 283,912, and 284,176 byte sizes.
Itmrtsvc.exe â€“ Startup Information
Many processes automatically start every time Windows loads. While some of these processes are critical, there are others, like itmrtsvc.exe, which are non-critical. To avoid unnecessary utilization of system resources when Windows boots you must prevent non-critical processes from running automatically.
Removing itmrtsvc.exe from the startup programs list does not affect the performance of PestPatrol products in any way. We have discussed the steps you need to perform to remove itmrtsvc.exe from startup programs in our next section.
How To Resolve Itmrtsvc.exe High CPU Usage Issue
Many Windows users complain that itmrtsvc.exe frequently reports high CPU usage and causes Windows to freeze. If you too are facing the same problem, then it is best that you (1) terminate the itmrtsvc.exe process, (2) Uninstall eTrust PestPatrol Real-Time Service, and (3) remove itmrtsvc.exe from the startup programs list.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager window.
- Click Processes.
- Locate and select itmrtsvc.exe.
- Click the End Process button.
Uninstall eTrust PestPatrol Real-Time Service
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Here, locate and select eTrust PestPatrol Real-Time Service.
- Click Remove/Uninstall.
- If prompted, restart your computer.
Remove Itmrtsvc.exe From The Startup Programs List
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type msconfig, and then click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration dialog box, click Startup.
- Clear the box before â€˜itmrtsvc.exeâ€™ or â€˜eTrust PestPatrol Real-Time Serviceâ€™.
- Click Apply to save your changes, and the click OK.
- Restart Windows.
Iâ€™m Receiving Recurring Itmrtsvc.exe Errors â€“ What Should I Do?
First, uninstall and reinstall eTrust PestPatrol Realtime Protection. In case the problem exists even after reinstallation then chances are that the issue is caused by either a malware infection or a corrupt registry. To resolve the exe error, perform the following two steps in the order they are presented.
- Perform a malware scan â€“ Update your anti-virus software with the latest malware definitions and security update. Next, reboot your Windows computer in Safe Mode and run a malware scan on your entire computer.
- Perform a registry scan â€“ If the error persists, download a reliable registry maintenance tool and use it to scan your registry to fix exe errors occurring due to issues in the registry.