Olmapi32.dll is an Outlook MAPI32 program file and is required for the smooth functioning of Outlook, a popular email application from Microsoft.
You may encounter the following error when you try to start Outlook 2007.
â€œThe file OLMAPI32.DLL is incompatible with Microsoft Outlook. Install Outlook again".
To resolve the olmapi32.dll not compatible error, you may use any of the solutions mentioned below-
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Office 2007 in the currently installed programs list, and then click the Change button.
- Select Add/Remove Features.
- Click Continue.
- Click on the first option and select Run All on My Computer.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Close all open applications.
- Restart Windows in Safe Mode.
- Use the built-in search utility to look for msmapi32.dll.
- Right-click msmapi32.dll, click rename, type msmapi32.old, and then press Enter to rename the file.
- Install Outlook 2003.
- Install Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
- Click Start>All Programs>Windows Install Clean Up.
- Locate and remove all entries related to Office 2007.
- Reinstall Office 2007.
If reinstallation fails, then you need to perform the following additional steps:
- Log on to your computer as an administrator.
- Click Start>Run.
- In the open box type msiexec.exe /unregister and then press Enter.
- Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
- Click Tools>Folder Options.
- Click the View tab in the Folder Options dialog box.
- Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types and Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Click the OK button to save your preferences.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Open the C:\Windows\System32\dllcache folder.
- Here, rename the following files:
- msihnd.dll to msihnd.old
- msiexec.exe to msiexec.old
- msi.dll to msi.old
- Download the latest version of the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and run its setup.
- Reinstall 2007.
Note: The steps discussed below require you to edit the registry. It is essential that you make a registry backup before editing it. You may use a reliable registry maintenance software for this purpose or back up the registry manually.
- Exit Outlook 2007.
- Click Start>Run.
- Type regedit in the Open box and then press Enter.
- In the registry editor window, click Edit>Find.
- Type olmapi32.dll in the â€˜Find Whatâ€™ box, and then click Find Next.
- Locate and clickÂ HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Components\613B99D5CFD 7FCB4793B500086BB4113 (Note: the last string of numbers may vary). If you donâ€™t see the entry the first time, continue to press F3 until you locate an entry same/similar to the one shown above.
- Locate and select olmapi32.dll in the right-pane of the registry editor window, and then click Delete.
- Close Registry Editor.
- Open Outlook 2007.