Hpzscr01.exe â€“ File Information
Hpzscr01.exe, also called Install Consumer Experience Uninstaller, is an executable file belonging to ICE (Install Consumer Experience) software from Hewlett-Packard (HP).
By default, the hpzscr01.exe file is located in a subfolder of C:\Documents and Settings. The most common size of the hpzscr01.exe file is 880, 640 bytes. You may also find the file in 1,318,912 and 1,343,488 bytes sizes.
When uninstalling the All-in-One software from Hewlett-Packard, you may receive the following error:
â€œHPZscr01.exe is Missingâ€
Cause of the Error
The above error occurs when the hpzscr01.exe file is not extracted to the correct location while installing the All-in-One software.
To fix the hpzscr01.exe error, you need to directly run the executable file from the Installation disc. You can do this by performing the following steps:
- Insert the installation disc in your CD/DVD ROM.
- Browse the contents of the installation disc and locate the hpzscr01.exe file.
- Double-click hpzscr01.exe to run the executable file.
When uninstalling the HP printer software using the Add or Remove Programs utility, you may receive the following error:
“hpzscr01.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
Cause of the Error
Typically, the above error is generated when you still have processes related to HP software running on your computer.
To resolve the error, close all the running HP software processes. For this you need to complete the following two tasks:
- Remove HP software processes from the startup programs.
- Terminate HP software processes from Task Manager.
Steps to remove HP software processes from the startup programs
- Click Start and then click the Run command.
- Next, in the Open box, type the msconfig command and press Enter.
- In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Startup.
- Next, clear all the checkboxes before processes related to HP.
- Finally, click the Apply button and then OK button.
Terminate HP software processes from the Task Manager window
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Task Manager Window.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Next, under Image Name, select the processes related HP software one-by-one and press the End Process button to terminate each running HP software process.
Note: If the above two steps fail to resolve the error, we recommend that you extract the hpzscr01.exe file from the Installation disc. For more information on how to do this, refer to the Solution given in Error 1 section.
Hpzscr01.exe â€“ Can you trust this process?
Yes, you can. Hpzscr01.exe is a safe process and until now is not known to be associated with any malware. However, it is worthwhile to note that many malware programs, such as virus, spyware, and adware often give their processes similar names as legitimate running processes. For instance, a malware may place a rogue process, similar in name as hpzscr01.exe on your computer.
To ensure that unsolicited processes are not running on your computer, periodically check the list of currently running processes. You can find this list under the Processes tab of the Task Manager window. Also, install reliable antimalware tools, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease to safeguard your PC against a malware infection.