Dlcctime.dll â€“ what is it?
The file dlcctime.dll is associated with the Dell Printer Driver program and is required to perform online updates of the Dell Printer Driver program.
By default, the dlcctime.dll file is located in a subfolder of C:\Windows\32.
Dlcctime.dll â€“ Startup Information
By default, this program loads automatically when you start your Windows computer. If you donâ€™t use a Dell printer, you can safely remove the dlcctime.dll file from your startup programs.
Dlcctime.dll missing entry error
When you start a Windows computer that has a Dell printer, such as Dell All-in-one A964 printer, you may receive an error message similar to the one displayed below:
â€œError in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\drivers\W32x86\3\DLCCtime.dll
Missing entry: RunDLLEntryâ€
To resolve the above error, you will need to complete the following two tasks:
- Remove the WOW6432Node Registry entry
- Uninstall and reinstall Dell Printer Driver software
Task 1 – Delete WOW6432Node Registry entry
Warning: The steps illustrated below require you to edit the registry. Perform these steps only if you are comfortable in editing the registry. Also, as a precaution always make registry backups before making any changes to it because this allows you to undo any changes if any complications arise. You may back up the registry either manually or use an advanced registry maintenance tool, such as RegServe for this purpose.
To delete the wow6432Node registry entry, perform the following steps:
- Click Start and then click Run.
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- In the left-pane of the Registry Editor Window expand the HKEY LOCAL MACHINE entry.
- Next, expand the SOFTWARE entry and locate the wow6432Node registry entry.
- Right-click wow6432Node and click Delete.
- When prompted for confirmation, click Yes.
- Click the File menu of Registry Editor and click Exit to close the Registry Editor window.
Task 2 â€“ Uninstall and reinstall Dell Printer Driver software
To achieve this, perform the following steps:
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and select Dell Printer Driver software.
- Click Remove.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the printer driver software.
- Next, attach the printer USB cable.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall the printer driver for your Dell printer.
You may also encounter errors related to the dlcctime.dll file if the DLL is corrupt. One common cause of corrupt DLL files is malware infection. Malware programs, such as a virus, trojan, or worm corrupt DLLs by altering the codes stored in them. To prevent your DLL files from getting corrupt due to malware infection, install robust antimalware tools on your computer. Further, to ensure that your PC is protected from the latest malware, regularly update your security tools with the latest malware definitions and security updates.