The advrcntr3.dll file is recorded to be associated with Nero AGâ€™s AdvrCntr Module. Nero requires this file for its proper functioning. In case the file is removed or corrupt, Nero will not work properly.
You may come across any of the following errors when you launch Nero 8, start/shut-down Windows, or at random times:
â€œThe File advrcntr3.dll was not found"
"This program requires the file advrcntr3.dll, which was not found on this system."
"Advrcntr3.dll is missing"
The aforementioned errors occur when either of the following conditions is true:
- The dll file in question is missing.
- The dll file is corrupt.
Some of the situations that may cause your dll file to go missing include:
- You have deleted or moved the file accidently.
- Your antivirus program mistook the dll file as malware and removed it.
The best way to fix the above-mentioned errors is by performing clean Nero uninstall and then reinstalling the software.
There is one thing you need to do before you proceed with Neroâ€™s uninstallation process, that is, record its serial number. There are two ways through which you can locate the serial number of your Nero Software. Both of these methods are discussed below:
- Double-click the Nero icon on your desktop.
- Click Nero ControlCenter.
- Click the License icon.
- The serial number will appear in the right side. Note it down.
- Click Start>Run.
- In the Open dialog box, type regedit, and then press Enter.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Nero\Installation\Families\Nero 8\Info
- The serial number is listed next to the serial8 entry. The structure of the serial number will be either similar to 1K2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx or2K2x-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
- Record your Neroâ€™s serial number.
After you have noted the serial number, you need to perform the following steps:
- Uninstall Nero either by using the built-in Add or Remove Programs utility or by using the Uninstall Nero link in the Nero program group.
- Restart your computer.
- Download Nero General Clean Tool and run the software to ensure all the traces of Nero8 have been removed from your computer.
- Reboot Windows.
- Finally, insert the original Nero installation CD in your CD-ROM and install the Nero software.
Alternatively, you may also be able to resolve the error by downloading the advrcntr3.dll file from the Internet and registering the DLL file. However, this should not be your first preference, as many websites that offer DLL files for free downloads are in fact a repository of rogue programs. So, if you are not careful while downloading files from the Internet , you are jeopardizing your PCâ€™s security.
Here are essential tips for downloading DLL files from the Internet:
- Ensure the source website is genuine.
- Verify the size and version of the dll file that you are downloading to see if this information matches the known sizes and versions for that dll file.
After you have downloaded advrcntr3.dll from a reliable online DLL database, perform the following steps to register the DLL file and to fix the error:
- Backup the existing file to a different location.
- Copy the downloaded file to its original location.
- Click Start>Run.
- Type regsvr32 <fullFilePathName>advrcntr3.dll and then press Enter.