Tcsd_win32.exe, or NTRU Hybrid TSS Process, is a biometric finger print scanner, generally used for Embassy Trust Suite (ETS) by Wave Systems Corp. The software is designed to deliver advanced levels of security using the TPM security chip present in most enterprise PCs.
By default, this file is located in a subfolder of C:\Program Files. The most common size of this file in Windows XP is 180,224 bytes. You may also find the file in 197,976 bytes, 1,466,368 bytes, 206,232 bytes, 1,249,280 bytes, 1,552,384 bytes, and 1,273,856 bytes.
Tcsd_win32.exe Application Error
The following error may occur on Dell laptops with Trusted Computing Platform (TCP) and Embassy Trust Suite:
“Tcsd_win32.exe encountered a problem and needed to close.”
You may use any of the following two methods to resolve the issue.
Method 1 â€“ Remove the Process from your Startup Sequence and Delete the NRTU Folder
To do this, perform the steps shown below:
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open dialog box, type msconfig.
- Click the Startup tab.
- Locate and clear the checkbox before tcsd_win32.exe.
- Click Apply, and then click OK to close the System Configuration dialog box.
- Restart your computer.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Browse to C:\Program Files.
- Locate and right-click the NRTU folder, and then click Delete.
Method 2 â€“ Remove Dell Embassy Trust Suite
To do this, perform the following steps:
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Dell Embassy Trust Suite.
- Click Remove/Uninstall.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Restart Windows.