The file jqsnotify.exe is the Java quick start signature file from Sun Microsystems, Inc. In this article, we are going to discuss some issues related to this file and see how we can resolve them.
Jqsnotify.exe Error In Mozilla Firefox
When you open the Firefox browser, you may encounter the error below:
jqsnotify.exe-Entry Point Not Found.
The procedure entry point ??_V@YAXPAX@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll
It seems that the problem with Java Quick Starter 1.0 in the Firefox add-ons causes this issue.
To fix this issue, you will need to disable the concerning add-on, that is, Java Quick Starter 1.0. To do this, perform the following functions:
- Open Firefox browser.
- Click Tools.
- Click Add-ons.
- Uncheck the box before Java Quick Starter.
- Close Firefox and restart it again.
Jqsnotify.exe Is Showing CPU Usage At 100%â€“ What Should I Do?
You may find that more than one instance of the process is running simultaneously. Also, the process may show 100% or nearly 100% CPU usage. As a result, your PC comes to a near standstill.
This behavior is typically reported after updating to Java 6 Update 10.
To repair the issue, perform the following steps:
- Click Start.
- Double-click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Uninstall all Java versions except the latest one.
- Restart your computer.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
- Click Processes.
- Locate and select jqsnotify.exe.
- Click End Process.
- Download JavaRa.
- Unzip the file, and then double-click on it.
- Choose Jucheck to update. In case you donâ€™t have Jucheck, then select Update using Sun.
- After updating Java, select Cleanup old versions.
- Next, click Additional Tasks.
- Select Remove Useless JRE files and Remove JavaRa log files.
In case the above-mentioned steps fail to resolve the issue, then your Java files may be infected. To rectify the issue, reboot your Windows computer in Safe Mode and use your antimalware software to run a thorough malware scan of your computer. Fix all detected errors using the tool.
I Donâ€™t Want Jqsnotify.exe To Run Automatically When Windows Starts â€“ What Should I Do?
By default, many processes, both essential and non-essential, start automatically everytime you boot your computer. Jqsnotify.exe too runs itself everytime you start Windows. If you donâ€™t want the process to run automatically at Windows startup, perform the following steps:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open dialog box, type msconfig, and then press Enter.
- In the System Configuration dialog box, click the Startup tab.
- Uncheck the box before jqsnotify.exe.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
- Click OK.
- Restart Windows.