What is aacenter.exe?
This process is associated with Asus motherboard and is required for running the Asus ACPI center. The primary job of this exe process is to help the ACPI center in managing power-related activities.
The two main concerns relating to aacenter.exe are:
- It continues to consume system resources even when system is idle. Users claim that this process consumes anywhere between 1%-10% CPU resources even when they are doing absolutely nothing on their computer.
- The process regularly reports high CPU usage and causes computer freeze ups.
Why deleting aacenter.exe is not a good idea to resolve high CPU usage issues
Although this process for some unknown reason regularly consumes huge amounts of system resources, you should resist the temptation of deleting this file altogether to resolve the issue. This process is an essential process and deleting it may harm your Windows computer.
So, what is the best way to resolve the high CPU usage issue?
You can resolve the issue by completing the following two tasks:
- Disable the ASUS ACPI Center.
- Rename this file.
Hereâ€™s a look at the steps you need to follow to complete the above-mentioned tasks.
Disable the ASUS ACPI Center
- Click Start.
- Click All Programs.
- Click Accessories.
- Click System Tools.
- Click Task Scheduler.
- Double-click the ASUS folder in the left-pane of the Task Scheduler window.
- Right-click ASUS ACPI Service Provider, and then click Disable.
- Right-click ASUS RegRun Loader, and then click Disable.
- Close the Task Scheduler window.
Rename the exe file
- Click Start
- Click Search, and then select For files and Folders.
- Click All files and folders.
- Under All or part of the file name box type aacenter.exe.
- In the Look In drop-down menu select Local Hard Drives.
- Click the Search button. The search results will appear in the right-pane of the Search window.
- Right-click aacenter.exe and click Rename.
- Rename the file to aacenter.bak.