Dell Support Center Agent, or dsca.exe, is part of the Dell Support Centre Software. Although, the exact purpose of this exe file is not clear, experts believe that its primary function is to start Dell Support Centre Software when Windows loads.
Many processes start automatically when you boot Windows. While some of these startup processes are essential, others fall into the â€˜non-essentialâ€™ category.
This process runs itself everytime you start Windows. It is basically a non-essential startup process, and if you wish you can safely remove it from your startup sequence. Removing this process from the startup sequence has no adverse consequences on your computerâ€™s performance. Steps you need to follow to remove this process from your startup programs are mentioned later in this article.
You can find an entry related to this process at the following location in your registry:
This process may cause various issues during Windows startup. When Dell Support Centre Software is installed, it may cause any of the errors listed below when you load Windows.
- â€œdsca.exe has ceased to functionâ€
- â€œdsca.exe – No debugger found – Registered JIT debugger is not availableâ€
- â€œFatal Execution Error (Ox7927e03e)â€
- â€œdsca.exe 0xc0000135 the application failed to initialise properly”
In addition to the following errors, this exe process is also known to cause frequent system freezes.
To resolve the exe errors pertaining to this process and its 100% CPU usage issues, you need to (1) terminate the exe process and (2) remove the exe file from your startup programs list.
Terminating the exe process
To do this on a Windows 7 computer, perform the following steps:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- Select Task Manager.
- In the Task Manager window, click the Processes tab.
- Locate and select dsca.exe.
- Click the End Process button.
Removing the exe file from startup sequence
The following steps take you through the steps to remove this process from your startup programs list in Windows 7.
- Click the Windows icon in your taskbar.
- Type run in the Start Search box.
- Type msconfig in the Run dialog box.
- Click the Startup tab in the System Configuration dialog box.
- Locate and clear the checkbox before dsca.exe.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
- Restart Windows.
The default location of the dsca.exe file is the C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\GS_Agent\Custom folder.