You may encounter an r6034 runtime error when you first load Windows, or after using Visual Basic or any other program that requires a C runtime library. An error message similar to the one listed below may flash on your screen:
â€œAn application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contact the applicationâ€™s support team for more informationâ€
To fix the issue, perform the following steps in the order they are listed:
Step 1 â€“ Restart Windows in the Safe Mode
- Close all open programs on your desktop.
- Restart Windows.
- When the computerâ€™s hardware information is displayed, press and hold the F8 key, until you are presented with Windows Advanced Boot Options.
- Choose the Safe Mode option using your arrow keys.
- Press Enter to start Windows in the Safe Mode.
Step 2 â€“ Perform Clean Boot
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type msconfig and then press Enter. (Windows Vista onward, you can type the command in the Start Search box on the Start menu.)
- On the General tab of the System Configuration dialog box, select Selective Startup.
- Unselect Load Startup items check box.
- Click the Service tab.
- Here, click the Disable all button.
- Click Apply to save your preferences.
- Click OK to exit the System Configuration dialog box.
- Restart Windows.
- Open the System Configuration dialog box, and then click the Services tab.
- Select the first service listed here.
- Save your preferences, and then restart Windows.
- Check if the error appears. If the error does not appear, repeat the steps 11, 12, and 13 until you are able to locate the service that is causing the error.
Once you have located the service, you may disable it or change its startup type to manual. In case this solution does not work for you then move on to the next step.
If the service belongs to an application, you can try to repair the application installation. Many applications these days come with the repair option. You can use this option to perform this task. If the repair option is not there, do the following:
- First uninstall this application and restart your system.
- If you have a registry cleaner tool, use it to clean up the registry for any left over entries.â€™
- Search your PC for any left behind program files and delete them. If you have a program uninstaller tool, you can use it get rid of these files.
- Restart your system once again.
- Reinstall the application.
Step 3 â€“ Run a malware scan
Malware, such as virus, trojan, rootkit, and spyware can cause various errors, including r6034 runtime error. Update your antimalware program with the latest security definitions and then scan your entire computer for infection. In case scan results show presence of threats, immediately remove/quarantine them.