What Goes Wrong with the Registry?
The Windows registry is a dynamic central repository that stores critical hardware, software, user profiles, and system configuration information of a Windows operating system. All tasks that you perform on your PC add information to or access information from the registry.
When a task is complete or an application is uninstalled some of the entries that are no longer required are removed from the registry. Over time, the registry grows and gets corrupted and fragmented. Additionally, malicious software such as virus and spyware may add a key or code entry to the registry that can affect files associations and the way your system works. All this together makes the registry unstable and, in turn, deteriorates your system performance considerably.
How to Keep the Registry Safe
To enhance your computing experience and keep your PC in good health, it is important for you to make sure that the registry is error free and compact. You can use the regedit.exe (window-based) and reg.exe (command-line) tools included in Windows systems to manually clean up the registry mess. However, manual cleanup is quite tedious and requires you to be very careful. Remember, any foul play with the registry can render your PC useless.
The need to maintain a healthy registry has given rise to an industry of people who have developed tools and utilities that help you easily clean the registry and repair the errors. These registry cleaners are available on the Internet and are truly your coupon to success.
Registry Mechanic is a user friendly application that helps you perform registry maintenance tasks efficiently in just a few mouse clicks. Some of the inherent features of Registry Mechanic are discussed here.
- The registry cleaner helps you safely repair invalid registry entries, and prevent system errors and crashes.
Registry Mechanic efficiently removes orphan references from the registry to make your system stable and improves its performance.
- The software uses complex algorithmsâ€”to scan crucial registry areasâ€”that are not only secure but also fast and provide excellent scanning results.
- Registry Mechanic helps you perform customizable searches to hunt for invalid and incorrect program shortcuts spread all over your PC.
- The best thing about the cleaner is that it automatically backs up a copy prior to each repair and enables restoration in case you want to rollback the changes.
- On your XP system, you can use Registry Mechanic to create restore points before you go ahead with modifying the registry.
- The program analyzes, rebuilds, and compacts the registry by eliminating vacant spaces and invalid entries from the registry.
- The â€˜Optimize Your System’ feature included in the software helps you apply tweaks and patches to the registry that improve system performance.
- If you frequently install and uninstall programs, or change your system settings, you can configure the program to run registry clean every time you start your Windows system.
- The program enables you to define an ignore list that you can use to designate items that you do not want the scanner to scan and repair.
- The engine of the latest version of Registry Mechanic has been improved to ensure that you have a faster and more comprehensive registry scan.
If you want to improve your computing experience and keep your PC free from errors and failures, you need to perform regular PC and registry maintenance. Manual PC and registry maintenance is a tedious task and requires a lot of motivation and vigilance. However, you can download PC diagnostic and registry cleaner tools from the Internet to help you perform these activities with just a few mouse clicks. Registry Mechanic is an advanced registry cleaner software that you can use to easily and quickly perform various PC and registry maintenance tasks and optimize your PCâ€™s performance.