Mfc71.dll â€“ What is it?
The mfc71.dll file stores the Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC) functions that are used by applications, such as Adobe Photoshop and Quicken that are created through Microsoft Visual Studio.
Common Mfc71.dll errors
When you start your Windows computer or try to run a program, you may receive an error message similar to the ones displayed below:
- â€œThe file mfc71.dll is missingâ€
- â€œMfc71.dll file not foundâ€
- “BCMWLTRY.EXE – This application has failed to start because MFC71.DLL was not found.”
- â€œThe application failed to start. An important component: mfc71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problemâ€
There are various reasons due to which mfc71.dll error may occur. The most common reasons of mfc71.dll errors are:
- Removal of the mfc71.dll file from the system.
- Incorrect installation of a program that uses the file.
- Outdated software or Windows files.
- Damaged or corrupt registry.
- Malware infection.
Depending on the cause of the mfc71.dll error, you may perform the following steps to repair the error:
Download the missing mfc71.dll file from the Internet
If the mfc71.dll is due to a missing DLL, then to fix the error, download the missing mfc71.dll from a reliable, free online DLL directory. Save the mfc71.dll in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Next, perform the following steps to register the mfc71.dll file:
- Click Start and then click Run.
- In the Run box, type cmd and press Enter.
- At command prompt type regsvr32 mfc71.dll and press Enter.
- Click OK when you receive a confirmation.
- Type exit and press Enter to close command prompt.
Reinstall the program that is generating the error
In case you are receiving the mfc71.dll error only when you try to run a particular application, chances are that one or more files associated with the application is damaged. To repair the problem, uninstall and reinstall the application.
Update the program
If the error persists after you have reinstalled the program, visit the program manufacturerâ€™s website and download any new updates.
Download the latest Windows updates
To download the latest Windows updates, you can use the built-in Automatic Update feature if you use a Windows operating system released after Windows ME.
In case you have an older version of Windows, Windows 98, or Windows 95, visit the Microsoft website and check to see if there are any essential updates for your version of Windows. If yes, download and install the latest Windows updates.
Perform a registry scan
DLL errors, such as the mfc71.dll error may also occur if corrupt or incorrect entries are present in the registry. To fix the mfc71.dll error occurring due to registry issues, run a registry scan using a reliable registry cleaner, such as RegServe.
RegServe is an excellent registry cleaning utility that allows you to perform custom registry scans to fix DLL errors.
Run a malware Scan
If the above steps fail to resolve mfc71.dll errors, chances are that the copy of the mfc71.dll file on your computer is corrupt. To fix this issue, run a malware scan on your entire computer using robust antimalware tools.