A Windows Office Access 2007 runtime error may occur when you try to install a new version of Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime on a PC that already has a previous version installed on it.
Error Message 1
The error message given below is usually displayed when you try to attempt to install the updated version of the Microsoft Office Access 2007 Runtime version 2:
â€œAnother version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panelâ€
Error Message 2
The following error message is received when you install only the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 from the 2007 Microsoft Office system:
â€œThere are no products affected by this package installed on this systemâ€
How to check the version of the Microsoft Access 2007 Runtime
Perform the following steps to check the version of the Access 2007 Runtime installed on your computer:
- On the Start menu, select Search.
- Next, click All files and folders.
- Type Msaccess.exe in the box under All or part of the file name and click Search.
- In the right pane of Search Results window, right-click on Msaccess.exe and select Properties.
- Next, click on the Version tab to determine the version of the Access 2007 Runtime.
Note: If the File version shows 12.0.4518.1014, you have Access 2007 Runtime and if the File version shows 12.0.6304.5000, Access 2007 SP1 Runtime installed on the system.
If you want to install Access 2007 SP1 Runtime, first uninstall the previous version of the Access 2007 Runtime from your computer. To achieve this, perform the following steps:
- Go to Start and select Control Panel to open its corresponding window.
- Next, click the Add or Remove Programs utility.
- Select Microsoft Office Access Runtime (English) 2007 in the Currently installed programs list.
- Next, click the Remove button and then select Yes when you are prompted to confirm removal.
- Next, download the AccessRuntime.exe file from Microsoft Web site and save the file on your desktop.
- Double-click on the AccessRuntime.exe file and follow the on-screen instructions to install Access 2007 SP1 Runtime.
You may experience runtime errors if your PC is infected with malware, such as virus, trojans and worms. Keep your system secure by installing reliable antimalware tool, such as Spyware Cease and STOPzilla Antivirus. Schedule regular virus/malware scans of your entire system and ensure that your protective software is regularly updated.
A corrupt registry is another major cause of runtime errors. To prevent runtime errors due to registry issues, ensure that your registry is free of unwanted, invalid, and corrupt entries. Perform regular registry scans using advanced registry cleaning software, such as RegServe, to remove the unwanted and incorrect information from the registry.