Would you like to remove the Links folder in your Favorites menu? You can access the Links folder through Internet Explorer or through the Start menu. This registry tweak for Windows XP based computers will remove the Links folder in both locations.
You should always backup your registry before making any changes. Changes to the registry are irreversible unless you have created a backup. A backup is also a very good thing to have in case you experience any issues.
To remove the Links folder in Favorites, follow the steps outlined below.
- Click Start. Go to Run and enter regedit.
- Look at the left side of the box that will pop up. You should find HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Expand this folder.
- Go the Software folder. Expand this folder.
- Look for the Microsoft folder and expand to get to Internet Explorer.
- Once youâ€™re there, look for Toolbar.
- Now look at the right hand side of the box. Look for LinksFolderName. If the value is there, go to step seven. If LinksFolderName is not listed, you will have to create the value by following the steps below.
- Right click on the right hand side of the box.
- Select New and then select String Value.
- Rename the new String Value LinksFolderName. You can also rename the new string value by right clicking on the new value and selecting Rename.