The framedyn.dll is a Microsoft framework library that is used to implement various provider helper classes on Windows systems.
The following two conditions are one of the main causes of framedyn.dll errors:
The framedyn.dll file located in the C:\Windows\System32\Wbem\ folder is either corrupt or missing.
The Windows Path environment variable is not pointing to the C:\Windows\System32\Wbem\ folder
Note: In this article, “C:\Windows\” represents the system root of your Windows operating system.
The error usually occurs when you try to open the System properties dialog box either from the Control Panel or by right-clicking the My Computer icon. When the error occurs, you may receive the following error message:
rundll32.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
Steps to Repair Framedyn.Dll Error
In order to fix the framedyn.dll error, you need to perform the following two tasks:
- Replace the framedyn.dll file
- Verify system variables and create a new environment variable if the required entry is missing.
To replace the framedyn.dll file, perform the following steps:
- Open the Start menu and select Run.
- Type C:\system32\dllcache and then select the OK button.
- In the dllcache folder that opens, search for and right-click the framedyn.dll file.
- Then select Copy from the menu that opens.
- Open the Start menu again, select Run, type C:\system32\wbem and then select the OK button.
- In the wbem folder, open the Edit menu and select Paste.
- Select Yes if a message asking you to replace the existing file is displayed.
To verify the system variable settings, perform the following steps:
- Open Control Panel, select the Performance and Maintenance link, and then select the System link.
- If you receive the framedyn.dll error message, select OK to close the error message box.
- In the System Properties dialog box that opens, open the Advanced tab.
- Here, select the Environment Variables button.
- In the Environment Variable dialog box, select the variable Path listed in the System variables section and then select the Edit button.
- In the Edit System Variable box that opens, enter C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\wbem in the Variable value box and select the OK button.
Errors such as framedyn.dll error may hamper your work and may cause unnecessary troubles when your PC is operational. This is the reason why it is important for all PC users to perform regular maintenance of their system and prevent these problems from occurring. For instance, many DLL files are damaged due to incorrect program install or uninstall steps. Therefore, when you are performing any of the two activities, you must be careful not to overwrite or delete any shared DLL. As DLLs need to be registered in the Windows registry, it is important for you to maintain a healthy registry. You can easily do this with the help of a reliable registry cleaner tool. Additionally, to prevent errors due to outdated and incompatible files, you must keep your operating system and other software on it updated with the latest hotfixes, service packs and patches released by software manufacturers. Last but not least, keep your PC safe from malware and other external intruders by implementing a firewall and installing reliable antivirus and antispyware tools on the PC.