Would you prefer that your computing experience be free from Windows animation?Â You can choose to turn Windows animation On or Off depending on your preference with this registry tweak for Windows XP.Â You also have the option to implement this tweak not just for you, but for all users of the same machine.
But first, you should always back-up your registry before making any changes.Â Changes to the registry are reversible only if you have a back-up.Â A good rule to follow is to always create a back-up prior to implementing any changes to your registry.
If you would like to enable or disable Windows animation on an individual basis, here are the instructions.
- Click Start.Â Go to Run.Â Type in regedit and press OK.
- On the left side of the box should be HKEY_CURRENT_USER.Â Click on the little cross to expand this folder.
- Go to the Control Panel folder.Â Expand this folder.Â You should find Desktop.
- Expand Desktop.Â This will bring you to WindowMetrics.
Now, look at the right side of your screen.Â Look for MinAnimate.Â If you find this value, go to Step 6.Â If you donâ€™t, you’ll have to create this value using the steps in 5a.
(5a.) Right click on the right side of your registry editor.Â Select New and then select String Value. Rename the new value MinAnimate.Â You can also right click on the new value and select Rename to modify the value name.
- Double click on MinAnimate.Â A new box will pop up.Â Enter 0 in value data if you want to disable animations.Â Enter 1 if you want to enable animations.
- Exit registry and reboot.