If you would like to customize your logon and security dialog title, this is a great registry tweak for you to try. Note that you should be on a Windows XP computer for this to work.
You should also create a back-up before making any changes to your registry. There are always risks involved with registry modification. So you should always have a back-up just in case.
These are the steps to follow.
- Click Start and go to Run. Enter regedit.
- Now look at the left side of the registry editor. Locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Look for the SOFTWARE folder.
- Go to Microsoft.
- Look for Windows NT after you expand Microsoft.
- Expanding Windows NT will take you to CurrentVersion.
- Expand CurrentVersion and look for Winlogon.
- Now look at the right side of the box. If you can find Welcome, go on to step ten. If not, you will have to create the value following the steps listed below.
- Right click on the right side of the box.
- Select New and then select String Value.
- Rename the new String Value to Welcome. You can also right click on the new string value and select Rename.
- Double click on Welcome. A new box will pop up.
- Enter 0 if you want customized logon disabled. Enter 1 if you want customized logon enabled.
- Exit the registry and reboot.