What is the NetZero Toolbar?
The NetZero toolbar is a super-thin toolbar that is packaged along with the NetZero Platinum software. This toolbar is added to your web browser and makes it easy for you to receive news, view instant weather reports, track various sports, and perform many more tasks. You can also use the options available on this toolbar to prevent pop-up ads from being displayed on your PC. However, you may need to uninstall the NetZero toolbar due to certain problems. If you want to retain the toolbar on your computer, then to fix the problem, you may first need to uninstall the NetZero toolbar and then reinstall it.
Problems Associated With The NetZero Toolbar
Some of the common reasons for uninstalling the NetZero toolbar are:
- Your system is slowing down due to the toolbar.
- You are facing frequent errors due to problems with the toolbar installation files.
- You have too many toolbars added to your Internet Explorer and you want to remove the ones you don’t use very often.
How can I uninstall the NetZero Toolbar in Internet Explorer?
You can remove the NetZero toolbar from Internet Explorer by using the Add or Remove Programs utility included in your Windows system. To uninstall in Windows XP, follow the steps listed here:
- Exit all Internet Explorer windows.
- Select the Start button and the select the Control Panel menu command.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click on the Add or Remove Programs button.
- Scroll through the Currently installed programs list and select the entry for the NetZero toolbar.
- Next, select the Change/Remove button.
- Finally, launch your Internet Explorer after uninstallation is complete, to verify the removal of the toolbar.
How can I uninstall the toolbar in Firefox?
You can use the Extension Manager included in the Firefox web browser to remove all Firefox add-ons, including the NetZero toolbar. To remove the toolbar using Firefox, perform the following steps:
- Open the Firefox web browser and open the Tools menu.
- In the Tools menu, select the Extensions menu command.
- In the Firefox Extensions Manager window, scroll down, and select the option for the NetZero toolbar.
- Now, select Uninstall or OK to remove the selected tool bar.
- Finally, close the Firefox Extensions Manager window and restart the Firefox web browser to verify the uninstall.
Use a Registry Cleaner
Most of the time, when you uninstall a software or utility from your computer, some stray entries stay behind in the registry. As you continue to work on your PC and install and uninstall programs, a large amount of unwanted data gets collected in the registry. A registry with a lot of unwanted information tends to get cluttered and fragmented, thereby increasing the number of errors on your computer. Therefore, it is always a good strategy to scan the registry for stray entries and remove them after you have uninstalled a software. But, you must not do this manually if you are not well-versed with the registry.
The best method for keeping your registry free of errors is to use a registry cleaner tool. This tool not only makes it simple for you to repair registry errors, but also enables you to perform many other tasks such as create registry backups, defragment the registry, and perform various system management activities, such as managing startup programs, Internet Explorer add-ons and files, and other unwanted system files.
To maintain a healthy system, it is very important to keep it free from any unwanted software or utilities. You must always use the correct procedure to uninstall a software. And you must NEVER remove a software by deleting its program folder. Also, after you have uninstalled, use a good registry cleaner to wipe out any left over entries within the registry.