What is Wab.dll?
The wab.dll (Windows Address Book) module is associated with Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express program. It is a module for the Microsoft Address Book that is used by Outlook and Outlook Express to store email addresses and other contact details.
Repair Outlook 2000 Errors in Windows Vista
When using Outlook 2000 in Windows Vista, you may be able to receive emails but not send emails, using Outlook 2000.
When you try to send an email, or try to open the Windows Address Book, you may receive an error message similar to the one listed below:
â€œAn error occurred while attempting to open the windows address book. Unable to find the Wab.dll"
Cause of the Error
This issue may occur due to compatibility issues between Outlook 2000 and Microsoft Windows Vista.
To fix the above wab.dll error, copy the wab.dll file to your C:\Windows\System folder and register it. To achieve this, perform the following steps:
- Open My Computer and browse to C:\Program Files\System.
- Locate the wab32.dll and wab32res.dll files.
- Right-click wab32.dll and then click Copy.
- Next, browse to C:\Windows\System32 folder, right-click on an empty area and click Paste.
- Browse back to C:\Program Files\System folder, right-click the wab32res.dll file, and then click Copy.
- Repeat the Step 4 to paste wab32res.dll to your System folder.
- Next, click Start and then click Run
- In the Open box, type the following commands and press Enter
- Regsvr32 wab32.dll
- Regsvr32 wab32res.dll
Note: In the above steps, the C: drive is referring to the drive on which Vista is installed. If you have installed Vista on a different drive, replace the letter C with the drive letter of your drive on which Vista is installed.
Solution to Wab.dll error in Microsoft Outlook 98
On a Microsoft Windows 98 computer, when you open the Windows Address Book in Microsoft Outlook Express 98, you may encounter one of the following errors:
â€œWindows Address Book DLL missingâ€
â€œAn error occurred while attempting to open Wab.dll. Unable to find the Wab.dll.â€
Cause of the Errors
These errors occur when the wab32.dll file is missing, damaged, or corrupt.
To fix the issue, rename the wab32.dll and reinstall Microsoft Outlook Express
Steps to rename wab32.dll
- Click Start, select Find, and click Files or Folders.
- Next, type wab32.dll and click Find Now.
- Right-click wab32.dll, select Rename, type wab32.old.dll and press Enter.
Steps to reinstall Outlook Express
- Click Start, select Settings, and click Control Panel.
- Next, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Now, click Windows Setup, and in Components, clear the Microsoft Outlook Express option.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
- Next, to reinstall Outlook Express, select the Microsoft Outlook Express option and click Apply.
You may also encounter wab.dll errors, if your system is infected with malware or there are problems within the Windows registry. To prevent wab.dll errors, install advanced security programs, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease on your computer and schedule regular malware scans. Also, maintain a clean and error-free registry. To achieve this, you may clean your registry regularly by scheduling frequent registry scans using a reliable registry cleaner tool, such as RegServe.