One of the following errors may appear on your screen, when you try to install Microsoft SharePoint Team Services for Microsoft Project Server 2002 on your system:
â€œSharePoint Team Services Configuration Wizard Run-Time Error 76: Path Not Foundâ€
â€œMicrosoft Project Server: SharePoint Configuration Wizard Setup Error: Setup Error: Could Not Create the Subwebâ€
â€œVBscript:Microsoft Project Web Access An Error occurred when creating the subweb. The subweb does not seem to existâ€
When you attempt to create a subweb directly from SharePoint Team Services, the following error message may appear on your screen:
â€œCould not provision SharePoint based Web site on <Website Name>â€.
Cause of the Error
The above runtime error occurs due to the following reasons:
- The Microsoft FrontPage 2000 Server Extension on your server is conflicting with the Microsoft FrontPage 2002 Server Extensions for Microsoft SharePoint Team Services.
- If the directory, â€œProgram Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server Extensions\50â€ is not deleted during unisntallation of SharePoint Team Services.
To fix the issue, perform the following tasks:
Task 1 – Uninstall SharePoint Team Services
If you tried to install Microsoft Team Services before you received the above error message, remove SharePoint Team Services. To achieve this, perform the following steps:
- Click the Start menu and select Run.
- In the Open box, type inetmgr and press Enter.
- In Internet Information Services Manager, expand the website that you provisioned SharePoint to and browse to the MS_ProjectServer_PublicDocuments folder.
- Next, right-click this folder and then click Delete.
- Now, open Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Microsoft SharePoint in the Add or Remove Programs window and click the Remove button.
Task 2 â€“ Remove the FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions from your Server
- Open the Add or Remove Programs windows from Control Panel.
- Next, click Add\Remove Windows Components.
- In the Windows Component Wizard dialog box, select Internet Information Services (IIS) and click Details.
- Clear the checkbox before FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions, and click Next. Follow the onscreen instructions to remove this component.
- Restart your Server after FrontPage 2000 Server Extensions are completely removed.
Task 3 â€“ Install Microsoft ShareTeam Services for Project Server 2002
Use the SharePoint Configuration Wizard on the Microsoft Project Server 2002 CD to install the Microsoft ShareTeam Services for Microsoft Project Server.
You may also experience runtime error 76, when you try to run or install applications or programs that use Visual Basic if your Windows registry is corrupt or your PC is infected with malware.
To prevent runtime errors from occurring due to malware infection, install reliable and advanced protective software on your computer. You should run regular malware scans and keep your protective software up-to-date with the latest malware definitions to ensure your systemâ€™s integrity is not compromised.
Also, to avoid runtime errors that may occur due to a corrupt or damaged registry, regularly clean your registry to get rid of undesired entries within it. You may use a reliable registry cleaning tool, such as RegServe for this purpose.