The msncon32.dll file is associated with the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector program. In this article, we will discuss an instance of the msncon32.dll error and its resolution:
When you start Outlook, you may receive the following error message:
â€œThe Add-in â€˜Outlook Connector Extensionsâ€™ (msncon32.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.â€
The above msncon32.dll error may occur if you have not installed outlook connector on your computer. To fix the error, download and install the outlook connector.
In case the outlook connector is installed on your computer and you still get the above error when you start outlook, perform the following steps to fix the error:
Reset your extend.dat file
To do this on a Windows XP computer, perform the following steps:
- Click Start and then select My Computer.
- Browse to the following location
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
- Locate and right-click extend.dat file, and click Rename.
- Type extend.dat.old and press Enter to rename the file.
- Restart Outlook.
To reset the extend.dat file on a Windows Vista or Windows 2007 computer, perform the following steps:
- Open Computer window from Start menu.
- Navigate to the following location
- Right-click extend.dat and click Rename.
- Type extend.dat.old and press Enter.
- Restart Outlook.
Note: In the above steps, C: is assumed to be the drive on which Windows is installed. If you have installed Windows in some other drive, say the D: drive, replace the letter C with D. Also, %username% is a variable that points to the user account with which you are getting the error.
If the error persists when you restart Outlook, try to enable the msncon32.dll add-in manually. If the add-in is already enabled then uninstall and reinstall the Outlook connector.
If the error persists, run a repair or diagnostic on your Office Installation. You can initiate this either through the Help menu in Outlook or Control Panel. To repair Microsoft Office via the Control Panel in Windows XP, perform the following steps:
- Click Start and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- From the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Office and then click the Change button.
- In the Microsoft Office Setup Window, select Reinstall or Repair and click the Next button.
- Next, select Detect and Repair errors in my Office installation and click Install.
If the above steps fail to rectify the error, then recreate your mail profile to resolve the issue.
DLL errors, such as msncon32.dll errors may also occur if your PC is infected with malware or the Windows registry is damaged.
To prevent errors from occurring due to issues in the registry, regularly clean your registry using reliable registry cleaning software, such as RegServe. RegServe is an advanced registry cleaner that allows you to perform custom registry scans to identify and resolve DLL errors.