Fix Error Ikernel.exe
The following error message may be displayed on your Windows XP Home or Professional computer when you try to install a program using InstallShield:
The install Shield engine "ikernel.exe" could not be launched - Error loading type library /dll.
Cause of the Error
You may face this problem when one or more of the following files are not in the Windows\System32 folder:
In order to fix this problem, you will have to copy the missing file from the Windows XP Installation CD. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Open Start menu, select Run, type CMD, and then press Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window that opens, type the CD\ command, and then press Enter to change to the root directory.
- Now, insert the Windows XP installation CD in the CD drive and then run the following commands to expand and copy the missing file to the Windows\system32 folder.
Expand F:\i386\filename.tl_ C:\Windows\system32\filename.tlb
In the path above:
- F: Represents the CD drive letter.
- C: Represents the Windows Root Drive Letter.
- filename: Represents the name of the missing file that you want to expand-Stdole32, Stdole2, or Stdole.
Performing these steps should fix your Ikernel.exe error. We strongly recommend running a virus scan with a reliable tool such as STOPzilla Antivirus as well as running a reliable registry cleaner tool, such as RegServe to clean your PC registry, to improve speed and performance, and keep unwanted files from cluttering your system.