Would you like to customize the text on your Internet Explorer title bar to something more personal?Â A few taps on your keyboard, plus a few clicks with your mouse and youâ€™ll be all set.Â This quick and easy registry tweak for Windows XP works on IE versions all the way to IE7.
Keep in mind that we will be editing the registry, so you be sure to back-up before doing anything.Â Changes to the registry, once saved, are irreversible without a back-up.Â So, letâ€™s do a quick back-up first.
To change the text on your Internet Explorer title bar in Windows XP, follow these quick and easy steps.
- Click on Start.Â
- Click on Run.
- When the little box pops up, type in Regedit.
- On the left pane of the box, look for: HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Go to the Software folder and expand.
- Look for the Microsoft folder.Â Now expand the Microsoft folder and look for the Internet Explorer folder.Â
- Expand the Internet Explorer folder and you will see quite a few folders.
- Look for Main.Â Click on this folder. Â You will see the right side of the box fill up.Â
- Scroll down until you find the Window Title.Â Double clicking will bring up a box.
- You can now customize the Value Data to say whatever you’d like.Â Alternately, you can leave the value blank to remove text from the title bar altogether.
- Â Youâ€™re done!Â Exit the Registry.Â
- Reboot your PC.Â
A bigger box will pop up.Â That will be your Registry Editor.Â Have you backed up yet?Â If you havenâ€™t, now would be a good time to do so.
When you find the folder, click on the little cross to the left to expand the selection.Â
Youâ€™ll see the difference this little registry tweak makes the next time you open IE.
No Window Title found?
If you donâ€™t see the Window Title in the right pane,
- Right click on the white area of the pane.Â New should come up.
- Select String Value and type Window Title and the text you want to display on the title bar.
Youâ€™re done!Â Exit the Registry.Â Reboot your PC.Â Youâ€™ll see the difference this little registry tweak makes the next time you open IE.