Sysfader.exe provides animation effects, such as in and out menu fades on a Windows computer.
When you try to open a website in Internet Explorer, you may receive the following error:
“SysFader: iexplore.exe – Application Error
The instruction at “0×00000000″ referenced memory at “0×00000000″. The memory could not be “read”.”
To fix the sysfader Iexplore.exe error, you may perform the following tasks in the sequence they appear:
Task 1 – Disable Page Transitions in Internet Explorer
- In the Internet Explorer window, click the Tools menu and then click Internet Options.
- Next, click the Advanced tab.
- Now, clear the checkbox before Enable Page Transitions.
- Click Apply to save the changes and then click OK.
Task 2 – Remove all existing versions of Java and install the latest version
If the error persists after you disabled Page Transitions, remove all your Java programs and install the latest version of Java. To achieve this, perform the steps illustrated below:
- Click Start and then select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Next, one-by-one select all the existing Java versions and click Remove.
- Download the latest version of Java and install it on your computer.
Task 3 – Perform a malware check
If the above two steps fail to resolve the sysfader Iexplore.exe error, it is possible that this error is occurring due to a malware infection. To check, first update your security tools and then perform a malware scan of your entire system. In case the malware scan does not report any infected files or rogue programs, move to step 4.
Task 4 – Disable Sysfader
- Right-click on the My Computer icon on your desktop and then select Properties.
- Next, click the Advanced tab in the System Properties dialog box that opens.
- Click the Settings button in the Performance section.
- Under the Visual Effects tab, clear the checkboxes before “Animate Windows when minimizing and maximizing“, “Fade or slide menus into view“, “Fade or slide Tool Tips into view“, and “Fade out Menu items after checking”.
- Click Apply and then click the OK button.
Steps to remove Sysfader.exe
If you find that the sysfader.exe process is causing recurring errors or is continuously hogging your system resources, you may choose to remove sysfader.exe.
To achieve this, perform the steps listed below:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Windows Task Manager Window.
- Next, click the Processes tab.
- Locate all the instances of sysfader.exe in Image Name column.
- Select the instances of sysfader.exe one-by-one and click End Task.
- Next, open Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools menu, select Internet Options, and then display the Advanced tab.
- Clear the checkbox before Enable Page Transitions.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
- Now, right-click on an empty area on your Desktop and select Properties.
- Next, click Display Properties, click Appearance, and then click the Effects button.
- Clear the checkbox before Page transition effects for menus.
- Finally, click Apply and then click OK.
Is Sysfader.exe a safe file?
Yes, the true sysfader is a safe file. However, malware programs, such as viruses, rootkits, and trojans are known to add processes that have the same or similar names as legitimate existing processes. To ensure that the sysfader.exe file running on your system is not a security threat, perform a malware scan on your computer using reliable and advanced security tools, such as Antivirus Plus and StopZilla.
To prevent sysfader.exe errors, install efficient protective software and perform regular malware scans.
You may also experience recurring sysfader.exe or other exe errors, if your system registry is damaged or corrupt. To maintain a healthy registry and prevent errors due to registry issues, schedule regular registry scans using a reliable registry cleaning tool, such as RegGenie.
Driver Update: Many errors are related to driver problems such as obsolete, outdated or incompatible drivers. A driver update tool is recommended to scan your system for corrupted and outdated drivers and to ensure that all your drivers stay up-to-date.