What is hpslpsvc32.dll?
The hpslpsvc32.dll file is associated with HP Digital Imaging All-in-One printers. This module is listed as HP “Network Devices Support” service, whose main function is to monitor the state and configuration of the HP devices attached to a network.
When you try to install the HP printer C4580 on a Windows XP computer, you may receive the following error:
"Fatal error during installation Module C:\Program Files\HP\DigitalImaging\bin\HPSLPSVC32.DLL failed to register.”
To resolve this hpslpsvc32.dll error, perform the following methods in the sequence they appear:
Method 1 – Disable your protective software
Disable your protective software, such as Firewall, antivirus and antispyware and then try to install the HP printer. Some protective software tools are known to interfere with the HP printer’s installation.
If the problem was occurring due to your protective tools, then temporarily disabling them should do the trick. Remember to enable these tools after you install the printer. As a precaution, do not browse the Internet during the time you disable your protective tool.
Method 2 – Set “Full Control” permission on the SvcHost folder
Warning: The steps illustrated below require you to edit the registry. Please proceed only if you are comfortable in working with the registry and perform the following steps as they are shown. As a precaution, back up the registry before making any changes to it. You can do this manually or use a reliable registry maintenance tool to make registry backups.
Administrators and users should have “Full Control” permission on the SvcHost folder. To achieve this, perform the following steps:
Note: You should be logged in as an administrator to perform the following steps:
- Click Start and then click Run.
- Type regedit and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Next, navigate to the following registry entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows NT -> SvcHost
- Right-click SvcHost in the left pane and click Permissions.
- Verify the permissions of Administrator and Users on this folder.
- To give Administrator Full Control rights, select Administrator.
- Next, in Permissions for Administrators box select the checkbox against Full Control and click Apply.
- To give Users Full Control rights, select Users.
- Next, select the checkbox against Full Control and press Apply to save your changes.
- Click Ok.
- Next, click File and then click Exit to close the registry editor.
- Now install the HP printer.
Svchost.exe 100% CPU Usage issue on PCs that have an HP printer installed
At times, when you use your HP printer, you may find the svchost.exe file to be using disproportionate amounts of CPU resources (between 50% – 100%). Excessive svchost.exe CPU consumption is caused by HP Network Devices Support service.
To fix the problem, perform the following steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- Double-click HP Network Device Support service in the Services window that opens.
- Select Manual from the Start type drop-down list.
- Click Apply and then click OK.High CPU consumption or slow PC performance are also an indication of malware infection. If your Windows computer performance is inconsistent or lately you are getting random errors out of nowhere, then your computer may be infected. To remove malware, perform a thorough malware scan on your entire computer using top-rated security tools, such as STOPzilla Antivirus and Spyware Cease.