Need to Uninstall Yahoo Toolbar
Yahoo toolbar is an easily customizable Web browser toolbar Add-on that makes it simple for you to receive Yahoo mail alerts and helps you save online bookmarks, accessible from any Web-enabled PC. The toolbar also makes it easier to access Yahoo search and receive RSS feeds on your my Yahoo page. However, at times, when you configure Yahoo toolbar in Mozilla Firefox it may make it easy for hackers to gain access to your system and infest your PC with malicious codes. Such security vulnerability and a few others problems may force you to uninstall Yahoo toolbar from your system. This article discusses various methods to uninstall Yahoo toolbar from Firefox.
How to Uninstall Yahoo Toolbar from Mozilla Firefox
You can uninstall Yahoo toolbar from Firefox by using one of the following two methods:
- Use the Uninstall menu command on Firefox
- Use the Firefox Extension Manager
Let’s have a look at the steps for each of these methods.
Method 1: Use Yahoo Toolbar Pencil Menu
The simplest method to uninstall Yahoo toolbar from Firefox is to use the uninstall tool included in the toolbar itself. To uninstall Yahoo toolbar using this tool, perform the following steps:
- On the Yahoo toolbar, click on the Pencil icon to display the Pencil menu.
- Here, select the Uninstall menu command.
- Next, type in your feedback about Yahoo toolbar and the reason to uninstall it to Yahoo.
- Select Uninstall again.
- Finally, restart the Firefox browser window.
Method 2: Use Firefox Extension Manager
If you have problems removing Yahoo toolbar from Firefox menu, then you can try to remove the toolbar by using the Firefox Extension Manager. To do this, perform the following steps:
- In the Firefox browser window, open the Tools menu.
- Select the Extension menu command.
- Scroll down the Extensions Manager window to locate the Yahoo! Toolbar extension.
- Click the extension and select Uninstall.
- In the Uninstall Yahoo! Toolbar window, select OK.
- Finally, to implement the change exit the Extensions Manager window and restart the Firefox browser.
Recreate Firefox Profile
If none of the methods above work, it might indicate that there is some problem with the Firefox user profile. To fix the problem, you will have to create a new Firefox user profile. The user profile is used by the Firefox browser to save your personal settings such as passwords, bookmarks, and extensions.
- Close all windows of Firefox browser open on the desktop.
- Next, open the Start menu and select Run.
- In the Open field, type firefox.exe -ProfileManager and press the OK button.
- Select the existing corrupt profile and select the Delete Profile button to remove it.
- Next, select the Create Profile button, and follow the screen instructions to create the new profile according to your requirements.
After creating the new profile, you may proceed to uninstall Yahoo toolbar using one of the methods discussed above.
You may want to uninstall Yahoo toolbar from Mozilla Firefox if you are encountering frequent problems while working with it. You can remove the toolbar either by using the option available on the Pencil menu of the toolbar or by using the Firefox Extension manager. If you are unable to remove the toolbar using one of these methods, you may have to create a new Firefox user profile using the ProfileManger utility. After the uninstallation, you may also use a registry cleaner utility to scan the system registry and remove any obsolete entries or vacant spaces left behind by the toolbar. It is also recommended to keep your antivirus and anti-spyware software updated with latest virus definitions. This will enable you to ensure that no malicious code or files creep on to your PC and cause damage to your precious system.
To uninstall the Yahoo toolbar from the Internet Explorer browser, see Remove Yahoo Toolbar From Internet Explorer.
Driver Update: Many errors are related to driver problems such as obsolete, outdated or incompatible drivers. A driver update tool is recommended to scan your system for corrupted and outdated drivers and to ensure that all your drivers stay up-to-date.