This quick and easy registry tweak for Windows XP based computers will organize your Favorites menu alphabetically. This is a neat tip for those of you who like to stay organized.
Before beginning with the procedure, create a registry back-up. This back-up file will allow you to restore your registry to its original settings if you encounter any issues.
Now that you’ve created a back-up, follow the steps below to sort your favorites menu alphabetically:
1. Click Start and go to Run. Type in regedit and press OK. This will bring up your registry editor.
2. Click and expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER. This is found on the left hand side of the box.
3. Now go to the Software folder. Expand the folder and look for Microsoft.
4. Go to the Windows folder.
5. Expand the Windows folder to get to CurrentVersion. Expand CurrentVersion to get to Explorer.
6. Under Explorer, look for MenuOrder. Go to Favorites.
7. Right click on the Favorites folder and select Delete.
8. Exit the registry and reboot.