The ssvagent.exe file is part of the Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U11 created by Sun Microsystems, Inc. The default file location is in a subfolder of C:\Program Files.
When you try to launch Internet Explorer (IE), you receive the following ssvagent.exe error:
To resolve the issue, perform the following steps in the sequence they appear below:
Disable ssvagent.exe in Internet Explorer
Perform the steps below:
- In Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Enable or Disable Add-ons.
- Click SSVHelper Class, and then select Disable.
- Finally, click the OK button.
Uninstall and reinstall Java
Using the Windows built-in uninstaller tool, Add or Remove Programs, uninstall Java and reinstall it.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to uninstall Java.
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Add or Remove Programs window, select Java, and then click Uninstall.
- Restart Windows.
Clean your Windows registry
In case the error persists, it will be a good idea to perform a registry scan. Errors, such as the above-mentioned ssvagent.exe error, can occur due to issues in Windows registry. Download a reliable registry maintenance program and scan your registry for errors.
When you click a new tab in Internet Explorer, you may receive the following ssvagent.exe error:
“ssvagent.exe - entry point not found.
The procedure entry point_resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll."
To sort out the issue, uninstall Java from your Windows computer and then reinstall it. After you have reinstalled Java, open Internet Explorer, and perform the following steps:
- Click Tools.
- Click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- Select Internet under the Select a zone to view or change security settings section.
- Chang the security level to medium.
- Click Apply and then click OK.