How to resolve Internal Error 2755.110 that is generated during the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility installation
You may receive the following error message on your Windows computer while installing the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
Internal Error 2755.110
Additionally, when the error is displayed the setup aborts.
Cause of the Error
This error may occur if one of the following conditions is true:
- The “Temp” folder on the PC is filled up with a large number of files.
- When you run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility setup by double-clicking its installation file-msicuu2.exe-the system is unable to extract the setup files to proceed with the installation.
Use one of the following methods to resolve the error message. After attempting each method try to install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility on the system.
Method 1: Clear the TEMP Folder
To clear the TEMP folder, perform the following steps:
- Restart your Windows computer.
- Open Start menu, select Run, type %temp% and then press Enter.
- Select and delete all the file
- In the Temp folder that opens, select and delete all the files-ignore any messages that state that a particular file is in use.
- Try to run the setup for the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility.
If you are still unable to install the utility, proceed to the next method.
Method 2: Extract the setup files to a folder
- Download and install a third-party zip utility, such as Winzip on the system.
- Launch the zip utility and then open the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility setup wrapper msicuu2.exe file.
- Use the utility to extract the following files to a folder created on the Desktop:
- Next, open the folder where you extracted these files.
- Double-click on the StartMsi.vbs file to execute it on the system.
- You should now be able to install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility on your PC.