Would you like to make your Windows Media player your very own? This quick and easy registry tweak for Windows XP will allow you to do so.
Remember that changes to your Registry are irreversible. Always back up before making any changes.
- Go to Start. Click on Run and type Regedit. A box should pop up.
- Now go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Expand this folder by clicking on the little cross to the left.
- Look for the Software folder. Expand that folder.
- Next, look for the Policies folder. Expand that until you see the Microsoft folder.
- Right click on the white part of the right side pane of the box. New should show up.
- Select Key to create the Windows Media Player Key.
- Right click on the Windows Media Player folder.
- Select New from the list. This time, select String Value. You should see New Value#1 show up.
- Change this to TitleBar.
- Double click on TitleBar and a new box will pop up.
- Enter desired text in the Value Data field. If you enter “The Pink Unicorn,” the title bar on your Windows media player will be: Windows Media Player provided by The Pink Unicorn.
- Exit the Registry.
- Reboot your PC.
Enjoy your customized Windows Media Player Title Bar!