The adspipe.dll file belongs to the AdRotator program, which is an adware program that delivers online advertisements to your desktop. The worst thing about this malicious adware program is that it has the capability to deliver advertisements on an infected computer even you are not browsing the Web. What’s more, the advertisements displayed use several different methods in addition to the most popular pop-up ads method and may generate errors on the system.
In order to remove any spyware/adware program, the first removal step that you need to perform is to see if it is listed in the Add or Remove Programs list. If it is, then it is recommended that you start by uninstalling the program from this tool. You must follow up the removal process by performing a full system scan using an efficient and updated Antispyware tool. Finally, use an advanced registry cleaner tool to perform a thorough scan of the registry and weed out all malicious registry entries added by adware programs, such as AdRotator, deep within its files.
Note: For more efficient removal it is recommended that you run the antispyware and registry scans in Safe Mode.
Deleting the main registry entry and program folder of a spyware/adware program is generally not useful because these programs add several entries in the registry and several files in the System folder that enable them to repair themselves and reinstall on your PC. For a better understanding, let’s go through the steps that you will have to perform to manually remove the AdRotator program from your computer.
Step 1: Remove AdRotator Files and Processes
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL keys to display the Windows Task Manager window.
- On the Processes tab, search for the AdRotator process, select it and select End Process.
- Next, search for the following AdRotator process files and delete them permanently from your system.
Step 2: Remove AdRotator Registry Entries
- Open Start menu, select Run, type regedit, and then select OK.
- In the Registry Editor window, search for the following entries and delete them.
Warning: The registry is an important component of your Windows system. Therefore, it is important for you to make a backup of the registry before performing any changes. You can easily make a registry backup using your registry cleaner tool.
Step 3: Unregister AdRotator DLL files
- Search for the following AdRotator files and note down their exact location on the disk.
- Run the CMD command to open the Command Prompt window.
- Use the CD command to navigate to the location of adrotate.dll file and run the following command.
C:\adrotate.dll_FullPath> regsvr32 /u AdRotator.dll
- Repeat step 3 for the brrotate.dll file.
As you can see, manual removal of a spyware/adware program such as AdRotator is not easy. Therefore, you must follow some important preventive measures to prevent spyware/adware infiltration to your system. For instance, you must implement a reliable firewall, install a good antispyware tool, keep it updated, and run regular full system scans to keep your registry free from malicious information. By scanning your PC regularly with the help of a registry tool, and keeping your system updated with the latest security updates released by software manufacturers, you will ensure yourself an error-free, healthy PC.