Computer manufacturers constantly release new versions of their products to offer enhanced and new features to users. Microsoft is set to release the latest version of their operating system called Windows 7 to the general public on October 22nd, 2009.
In order to make Windows 7 more efficient and free from bugs, Microsoft has released an early version of Windows 7 for the general public in May 2009. This pre-release version is called Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC). In this article, we will discuss how to install Windows 7 RC.
Before you begin with installation, let’s take a look at the prerequisites for installing Windows 7 RC:
- 1 GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 16 GB of available disk space
- Support for DirectX 9 graphics
Users can easily download the Windows 7 RC from the Windows 7 RC download page. As the RC download is an ISO file, users will need to burn ISO files onto a blank disc before proceeding with installation. You can easily download software designed for burning ISO files from the Internet.
Installing Windows 7 RC:
Before you start, please remember that you need to do a “clean installation”, which basically means that you cannot upgrade an existing PC to Windows 7 RC. Hence, it is imperative you make a backup of all the information stored on your PC.
Follow the steps listed below in the sequence they are listed to install Windows 7 RC:
- Start your PC and insert the Windows 7 RC installation disc. Next, perform one of the two steps listed below.
- If you wish to replace your existing operating system with Windows 7 RC and do not wish to change your disk partitions, go to step 2.
- If you wish to install the Windows 7 RC on another disk partition then restart your PC with the installation disc inserted in your CD/DVD drive. Press any key to boot your system from CD or DVD. An Install Windows page will appear and now proceed to step 2.
- Click Next to start installation if you do not wish to create partitions on your hard disk or if you do not wish to specify a particular partition to install Windows on.
- If you wish to install Windows 7 RC on a specific partition, then select the partition you want to use and click Next to begin installation. Please ensure that the partition you choose has enough free space available and that your current Windows operating system is not installed on this partition.